Sunday, August 17, 2008

August Book Review!



EASY CROCHET ACCESSORIES 30+ fun and fashioable projects

This book is absolutly amazing! Such a wide variety of projects to crochet in no time! Every project I have tried from this book has worked up really fast and easily. 128 pages, packed full of color photos, great stitch illustrations and easy to follow instructions; it's a book you just have to add to your collection!

Carol Meldrum has done a terrific job in fulfilling the wishes of all crocheters who like to do quick and easy projects! Featuring pillows, belts, shrugs, bags, jewelry, hats and so much more; this book will keep you busy for a long time to come.

33 projects in all; with crochet times ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours; Carol has made my day! With 3 kids and a dear hubby and a full-time job in construction, I am a very busy woman. Projects that are elegant, yet quick to make are perfect for me. I can sit down in the little bit of free time I have and create something wonderful!

My favorite project by far, is the Open Mess Shrug. My 18 year old daughter and her college friends love this. I have made them in a wide range of bright colors including: mango, berry blue, grape, sunshine yellow, black and white. I'm sure they'll request more colors in the near future. It takes me about 4 hours to make one, which is great considering how fashionable they are!

This book would make a great gift for anyone on your list; even the beginner! I highly recommend this to anyone who crochets, or wants to learn to crochet. With the wonderful illustrations of stitches in this book, you could definitly improve your crocheting as a beginner!

WAY TO GO, CAROL MELDRUM!!! We thank you! :)

No comments: