Sunday, July 20, 2008

Learning to "Spin"

Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to learn to spin my own yarn on a spinning wheel. Now that I am older, I've looked into buying one, but, they are very expensive.

After searching on the internet for a few days and speaking with seasoned spinners, I have found a wonderful website for beginner spinners.

You can learn to make a Drop Spindle to try out handspinning before spending the money on an expensive wheel.

There are instructions and videos to show you how to use your spindle once you finish it.

There is a wonderful online store to purchase what you need to continue your new found hobby.

The Joy of Handspinning is the place for all this and more. They will be soon be offering classes, and they offer a discussion forum for you to chat with other spinners.





No comments: