Sunday, July 13, 2008

July Free Pattern!!!

Here it is as promised! The first free pattern!

It is a pattern that I designed when I was first learning how to crochet. I wanted something quick that I could complete in the little bit of free time I had from work, kids and housework.

This pattern is very simple, easy and so quick! I made about 100 of them for Christmas the year I designed it. I still make these on a regular basis after all this time.

It's also a great pattern for young beginners to learn how to crochet in the round.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Please feel free to post photos of your finished project here! I would love to see it!


CROCHET "SCRUNCII" PONYTAIL HOLDER
By: Kim Luxich "The Colorful Bee"
Copyright 2008
www.thecolorfulbee.etsy.com
www.thecolorfulbee.blogspot.com
thecolorfulbee@yahoo.com

Material needed:
Size I hook
cotton thread or yarn
elastic ponytail holder
(pony beads) *optional*

**please note** pony beads must be strung onto yarn before starting project if you wish to add them on last round**

Rnd 1: join yarn around band with a SL . do 26 SC around the band. join with a SL to first SC. Do Not Turn

Rnd 2: (CH 5, skip next SC, SC in next SC) around to end. join with SL in same ST as beg CH 5.

Rnd 3: SC in next 5 SP, CH 3 (DC, CH 2, 2DC) in same CH 5 SP.
*(2DC, CH2, 2DC) in next CH 5 SP. Repeat from * around to end. join with a SL in top of beg CH 3. Fasten off.

**Note to Rnd 3** Pony beads can be added as an option on this round. Simply work as described above sliding 1 pony bead into each CH 2 space!

No comments: