Friday, June 25, 2010

A few of the "scrap afghans" I made recently.

These afghans were all made using "scrap yarn" that my mom picked up at a yard sale. She bought 2 lawn-sized garbage bags of yarn for $5.00. She doesn't crochet, she picked it up for me since she knows that I spend So Much Money buying yarn. Some of the yarn was full skeins with no labels, others were little balls, some had big knots in them that I had to cut away, and a few had alot of frayed spots in them. So far, I've made four bed-sized afghans; two 3-foot baby afghans, and about 50 wash cloths and tawashis. I still have a basket full of 10 to 20 yard balls of mixed colors left to work with. I think this was a huge bargain! And I really enjoyed the freedom of just picking up the hook and getting to work without having to plan a patterns colors, then shop for the necessary yarns. Can't wait to find another great deal like this!!!









1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, they are lovely - you have been a very busy, colorful bee ;-)