Friday, June 25, 2010

Check it out!

I just joined a great organization; Craft Hope for the Earth! You can find the link to the right of the posts on my blog. This is an organization that helps charities or good causes whenever needed. Whether you sew, knit or crochet; you can help. The current charity work being done is for the Oil spill clean-up of wildlife in all the Southern Coast States. All you need to do is purchase or make small hand towels or wash rags in groups of 10 or 20 and purchase a bottle of Dawn brand dishwashing liquid and get it in the mail by August 8th. They will be distributed to ALL states, directly to the wildlife organizations in charge, such as Sand Hill or Audubon, for the sole purpose of washing oil-covered animals. There is a huge need for thousands of wash cloths due to the fact that after being used just two or three times, the oil will no longer come out and they have to be diguarded. I am definitly sending in as many as I can and hope that you all can help too. Just follow the link to the right and read about the current efforts to save our native wildlife!

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

I know, it's a wonderful cause. I hope they're not already too late...been thinking about this oil spill disaster and big gas bubbles forming and Tsunamis possibly happening and me being so close to it all...it's been giving me night mares.
I want to join the Amish or Quakers and go back to using the horse and buggies for transportation.