Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sneak Peek! of whats coming in July!

My 12 year old niece an I started a new project that will be arriving in July here at The Colorful Bee! Barefoot Babies Primitive Folk Art styled dolls. This was her idea after finding an old ragdoll in a box of stuff her grandmother had stored away for years. She is very "crafty" and has always been interested in learning all the crafts styles I do. She's even learning to crochet!
My hubby graciously drew out the doll pattern for us, then we started tracing, pinning and cutting. We have 10 body forms soaking in a mixure of tea, coke and vanilla as I'm typing this.
She will be the "fashion designer" of the project, as she's already matched up materials for each dolls clothes and has come up with some super ideas on what each will look like. They will be named after the family children and so they shall represent them in character as well.
Making their online debut in July are:
Will the Billygoat
Buddy the mechanic
Jane as Plain Jane
Lillie the little farm girl
Bug the mean girl
Miriah the blonde
Brooke the crook
Beka the hotel wrecka

I will post here when they are added to The Colorful Bee on Etsy! I am so excited! With names like these, I can't wait to see how they turn out!


***Barefoot Babies © 2008 Kim Luxich & Jane Lanclos***

No comments: