Saturday, May 3, 2008

How do you get kids interested in crochet?

I love to learn new things, new techniques, new crafts, new everything... I guess you can say, "I thirst for knowledge of everything". I always hoped my children would be the same way and want to at least try stuff once before they decide they don't want to do it.
My daughter, who is now 18, never had an interest in crafts at all. My boys, ages 11 and 9, like to do crafts, but not "sissy ones" as they call it. So learning to crochet is not one of their priorities and it breaks my heart. My nieces are kind of interested but get really frusterated when they can not do it right away. They have no patience, they get that from their mom! :) (I can say that honestly, she's my little sister)
So, how do you suppose I can get them to sit down and become interested in learning? I will be on a quest for the answers to this question and will post my findings here in a later post.
Anyone having suggestions or comments can comment on this post. Please keep in mind that this is a family friendly blog, so no profanity or adult content of any kind is allowed!


Until then,
Kim

No comments: